Re: Two-phase commit security restrictions

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Two-phase commit security restrictions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> What kind of security restrictions do we want for prepared
>> transactions? Who has the right to finish a transaction that was
>> started by user A? At least the original user, I suppose, but who
>> else?
>
> Do we not require transaction initiation and conclusion to happen in the
> same session, so that the transaction could be considered a
> session-local object?

No. After we have told the transaction manager that the transaction has
been successfully prepared, we must not lose it. Otherwise we break the
atomicity of the global transaction.

Successful preparation is a promise to the TM that we will be able to
finish the 2nd phase commit later, no matter what.

- Heikki