C function woes (more info)

От Chris Hayner
Тема C function woes (more info)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
additional information whic may be useful for those smarter than i:
thanks for any possible help, Chris

how it was made:
gcc -fPIC -c test.c
gcc -shared test.o
*** --I have also tried using ld -shared (GNU ld)
a.out test.so

from psql:

test=# select  hello();
 hello
-------
 sesu
(1 row)

test=# select  hello();
 hello
-------

(1 row)

test=# select  hello();

^CCancel request sent
^CCancel request sent
^CCancel request sent --at this point, the whole back end freezes

hello all:

I am attempting to create a function which will return data from a
C-function. This is what i have, and it so far has been successful. Any
help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

gcc Compiler, PgSQL 7.1 beta 3
thanks,
chris

#include <string.h>
#include "/usr/local/pgsql/include/postgres.h"

text *
hello()
 {
        char data[] = "hello world";
        int32 new_text_size = VARHDRSZ + sizeof(data);
        text *new_text = (text *) palloc(new_text_size);

        strcpy(VARDATA(new_text), data);
        return new_text;
 }