environment variables, output format & setting current date

От Brent Wood
Тема environment variables, output format & setting current date
Дата
Re: environment variables, output format & setting current date
Список pgsql-general
Three questions:

1. In a script, how do I set the value of a date attr to the current
date. I've tried a few obvious approaches but nothing works yet.

2.If I do:
          psql <db> -c "select current_date;"
I get:

    date
------------
 2002-02-23
(1 row)

I can use:
          psql <db> -c "select current_date;" | tail -3 | head -1
to just get the date value, but is there simpler way?

And lastly, I believe there are a few environmental variables used to
control various PostgreSQL behaviours, eg: date/time format. Where is
there a list of these? (I can't find them in the docs)

Thanks

       _-''-_    <Brent Wood> b.wood@niwa.cri.nz  Ph: +64(4)386-0300
      'o     \/  NIWA, Box 14901,
      > )    /\  Kilbirnie, Wellington, New Zealand
      `-===-'    #include <std_disclaimer>