Urgent ... Accessing the Index Structure

От Nilesh A. Phadke
Тема Urgent ... Accessing the Index Structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
 I have a table with two attributes x and y. The table is indexed on y.
Now, From a C program I want to fetch first n tuples from the table by
doing an indexscan(on index y) on the table. what should I do?

Currently I am able to do it using a cursor(using a select stmt that
forces an index scan on y) but is there any way that i can directly call
some backend functions from the C program to do the same.
Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Nilesh.