Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: buf_init.c does not compile (spin lock problem?)

От Pedro J. Lobo
Тема Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: buf_init.c does not compile (spin lock problem?)
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Unprivileged user wrote:

>                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE
>

>Your name               : Stéphane Bortzmeyer
>Your email address      : bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr
>
>Category                : install: compile
>Severity                : critical

>System Configuration
>--------------------
>  Operating System   : Digital Unix 4.0E  (Rev. 1091)
>
>  PostgreSQL version : 6.5
>
>  Compiler used      : egcs 1.1.2 (2.91.66)
                        ^^^^^^^^^^

I have tested it with DEC C and works right out of the box. I have tried
gcc 2.7.2 in the past, and have never been able to build postgres with it.
gcc 2.8 doesn't work either, and now it seems that egcs behaves the same.

Probably there is something wrong with the spinlock implementation for
gcc/alpha, but I don't have the time to investigate it.

Cheers,

    Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea                   Tel:    +34 91 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo                       Fax:    +34 91 331 92 29
E.U.I.T. Telecomunicación               e-mail: pjlobo@euitt.upm.es
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Ctra. de Valencia, Km. 7                E-28031 Madrid - España / Spain