Problem w/ psql crashing

От aaron ross
Тема Problem w/ psql crashing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, This is a minor problem. I thought it would be better to post
it and let someone else decide if it mattered or not. The problem is
that psql crashes when it encounters a relation name greater than 32
characters. However, a 32 character name is handled correctly with a
lovely error. You can clearly see the problem below. Sorry I can't be more helpful. If there is something I can do,
point me in the right direction. (email me, since I'm not subscribed)

Aaron.

geopow=> create table abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy ( id serial );
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy_id_seq for SERIAL column
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy.id
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy_id_key for table abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy
ERROR:  the relation name abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy_id_seq is >= 32
characters long

geopow=> create table abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ( id serial );
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
beforeor

while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.