Re: PHP postgres connections

От Yasir Malik
Тема Re: PHP postgres connections
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Hi,
> I need to connect to 2 differents Postgres 8.0.0
> databases located in the same machine using the same
> PHP script with an "db wrapper object" instance
> (pg_Connect)... simply a PHP page with contemporarily
> 2 database connections...

I don't think this is the right place to ask this, but there's an example
on php.net for using the pg_connect():
<?php
$dbconn = pg_connect("dbname=mary");
//connect to a database named "mary"

$dbconn2 = pg_connect("host=localhost port=5432 dbname=mary");
// connect to a database named "mary" on "localhost" at port "5432"

$dbconn3 = pg_connect("host=sheep port=5432 dbname=mary user=lamb
password=foo");
//connect to a database named "mary" on the host "sheep" with a username
and password

$conn_string = "host=sheep port=5432 dbname=test user=lamb password=bar";
$dbconn4 = pg_connect($conn_string);
//connect to a database named "test" on the host "sheep" with a username
and password
?>

I don't know if that answers your question.

> Can I use however persistent connections ?

pg_pconnect() works the same way.

Regards,
Yasir

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Ramakrishnan Muralidharan"
Сообщение: Re: trigger/rule question
От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: multi-column unique constraints with nullable columns