pg_dump and CHECK constraints

От Curt Sampson
Тема pg_dump and CHECK constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I notice that pg_dump is still dumping CHECK constraints with the table,
rather than at the very end, as it does with all the other constraints.
As discussed in bug report #787, at
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2002-09/msg00278.php

this breaks your restore if your CHECK constraint uses a user-defined
function.
   1. Does anybody have any plans to fix this in the very near future?
   2. If not, is there something that makes it particularly hard to   fix? I notice, Tom, that in your reply to that
bugreport you   intimated that this wasn't an easy fix, but I don't see why CHECK   constraints couldn't be added at
theend of the dump, just as all   the other constraints are. Presumably, your message being late 2002,   this was
beforepg_dump was modified to re-order stuff?

   3. If we created a patch for this at my work, would it be accepted?

I dunno...this looks really easy to me....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC