Re: Postgres Issue with JDBC

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: Postgres Issue with JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 5 May 2003, John Kunchandy wrote:

> 4) The Control Servlet now makes a call to the ConnectionManager to Free the
> Connection .(but since the Result Set still has values Connection is not
> freed).

That sounds to me like a problem with your pooling. Your pooling code
should return a pooled connection to a properly usable state when
Connection.close() is called, regardless of the current state of the
connection. If it can't do so, it should do a "real" close of the
connection.

Pooling code is very difficult to write. I suggest that unless you are a
real expert, you just use someone else's. Or, if it's a low-volume site,
you can get by without any pooling at all.

cjs