Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> If autocommit=off really seriously breaks JDBC then I don't think a
> simple SET command at the start of a session is going to do that much
> to improve robustness.  What if the user issues another SET to turn it
> on?

You mean, to turn it off again? The driver should catch this, in theory.

In practice we could probably live with saying, "Don't use SET
AUTOCOMMIT; use the methods on the Connection class instead."

Probably the driver should be changed for 7.3 just to use the server's
SET AUTOCOMMIT functionality....

cjs

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc