Re: More DROP COLUMN

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: More DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> However, I'm not happy with the way dropped columns are renamed.  I want to
> give them a name that no-one would ever want to use as a legit column name.
> We could name the fields "________dropped_x" sort of thing perhaps????

I suggest you _dropped_N_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where "n" is that same
sequence number (1, 2, 3, etc.) and the Xs are the hexedecimal
representation of a 64-bit random number. So you'd get names like
"_dropped_2_719fe940a46eb39c".

This is easy to generate and highly unlikley to conflict with anything.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC