Re: SQL server application porting headache

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: SQL server application porting headache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Oskar Berggren wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> >>         SELECT "OperatorID" FROM "IntParams" WHERE OperatorID=0;
> >>                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^
> >>                                                   notice no quotes here
> >
> > They expect that to work?  AFAICS, that will be broken in any database
> > that is anywhere remotely close to SQL spec compliant.  If the quoted
> > form works then the stored column name must be mixed-case, and that
> > means that it can *not* be accessed with an unquoted reference.
>
> Maybe so, but it obviously work with MS Access and MS SQL Server.

It works with MS SQL Server? If so, I'm surprised. Are you sure the
driver isn't doing something funny in this case? ISTR that SQL Server
did the proper thing with quotes, or something pretty close to it.

> I have been looking at the parser somewhat and I have located the
> conversion to lowercase in the flex source code. It seems fairly
> easy to do this conversion even in the case of a quoted identifier.

Well, I'm almost certain now that MS SQL Server does *not* do that
sort of thing.

I can probably dig up the documentation references tomorrow if
you're really curious about it.

cjs

Сообщение: Re: SQL server application porting headache
Сообщение: Re: SQL server application porting headache