Re: intel vs amd benchmark for pg server part 2

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: intel vs amd benchmark for pg server part 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 postgres@vrane.com wrote:

> Another gripe I have is that vacuum process does not eat up 100%
> of cpu.  In the beginning it peaks around 80% and at the end
> it is stuck around 20%.

That's because your disk subsystem is too slow for the machine.
Put in a disk subsystem that doesn't slow down the machine, and
you'll use all your CPU.

Then you can complain about not using all your disk I/O capacity.

Performance bottlenecks never go away. You can only move them around.

cjs