Re: One particular large database application

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: One particular large database application
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> Not sure how that would be implemented for postgresql. It seems simple to
> support _many_ read only queries at a time using many pcs. But how would
> one speed up a few large parallel queries that way?

In my case I'm dealing with data spread across a known range of
dates. So I partition it into separate tables (with identical schema
definitions) based on the date (e.g., a table for January, a table
for February, and so on).

Then when I get a query, I just have to parcel it out to the
appropriate machines and merge the results that I get.

cjs