Re: Performance

От Dustin Sallings
Тема Re: Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 May 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

    This was not a bug report.  I simply said that I had the same
problem where a large table should have been using an index and was not,
so I vacuumed the table, and it used the index.

    Are you a developer?  Did this really read as a bug report?  Is
anyone out there creating largish tables, adding an index to them, and
having the index used without a vacuum?  Is it really that much of a
problem?

# >     I ran into this exact problem, and it was *very* significant on a
# > 15M row table I have.  :)  It didn't seem to want to use the index, even
# > freshly created, without a vacuum analyze.
#
# grrrr....
#
# FOR THE LAST TIME, THESE BUG REPORTS ARE PRETTY MUCH **USELESS**
# TO THE DEVELOPERS UNLESS YOU GIVE:
#
# THE TABLE STRUCTURE,
# THE QUERY, AND
# THE OUTPUT OF 'EXPLAIN'
#
# Just because someone is a database guru doesn't mean they are also
# clairvoyant. :)
#
# thanks,
# -Alfred
#
#

--
dustin sallings                            The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/                 and America is watching TV.