Re: [GENERAL] Upcoming 6.4 release issues

От dustin sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upcoming 6.4 release issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

    (experience with 6.4 beta 5)  I'm not on this list, so if you have
any questions, be sure to send directly to me.

//     This does not require C++ to compile, nor do I suspect it ever
// will...I couldn't imagine the effort to go through to actually
// convert it over to C++ :)

    This is what I get when I try to configure on IRIX:

bleu:/tmp/pgsql/src 112> ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... mips-sgi-irix6.2
checking echo setting...
checking setting template to... irix5
checking setting USE_LOCALE... disabled
checking setting CYR_RECODE... disabled
checking setting MULTIBYTE... disabled
checking setting DEF_PGPORT... 5432
checking setting USE_TCL... disabled
checking setting USE_PERL... disabled
checking setting USE_ODBC... disabled
checking setting ASSERT CHECKING... disabled
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
- setting CPPFLAGS=
- setting LDFLAGS=
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc   ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

    If'n I take that out of configure.in, I get a lot further.  The
problem, though, is that it's treating the lack of a C++ compiler as a
fatal condition.  I just took out the check and set HAVE_Cplusplus=false
and got to src/pl/plpgsql/src/ which needed -I. and I got it built.

//     Please report any compile errors to pgsql-hackers ... it has
// been tested on NetBSD, but I don't believe Irix has been tested...

    I don't remember what my NetBSD problem was yet, but I'll try to
play with it later.

--
SA, beyond.com                            The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>