Re: [GENERAL] Upcoming 6.4 release issues

От dustin sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upcoming 6.4 release issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

    I'm sorry if this question is answered somewhere, but does 6.4
require C++?  My main database boy doesn't have a C++ compiler, and I
don't plan on getting one for it any time in the near future.

    I tried a beta yesterday, and it compiled on 0/2 of the machines I
tried (NetBSD and IRIX).  I'm really hoping this new version might fix
some of the instability issues I had with 6.3.2 in production.

// We plan to release PostgreSQL, version 6.4, within the next week.
//
// An announcement will be made as soon as it is ready.  You can see the
// changes for this release on our web site at the bottom of the TODO list.
//
// We hope people will be able to upgrade within two weeks after its
// release, so we fix any problems and move on to the 6.5 release.
//
// 6.4 includes a pg_upgrade utility, that will allow upgrading without a
// dump/reload for 6.3.* users.
//
// --
//   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
//   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
//   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
//   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
//
//

--
SA, beyond.com                            The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>