DBI w/Postgres

От Chris Hardie
Тема DBI w/Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
The setting: Postgres95, Perl 5.004, latest DBI with latest Postgres
    driver

The problem: I'm going along fine inside my Perl script that is selecting
and updating a database, until we get to the updating part (I can select
just fine).  With DBI_TRACE = 2, I see:

----------
dbd_st_execute
dbd_st_execute: statement = >update test set value_2 = 3<
PQcmdTuples (UPDATE) -- short input from serverSegmentation fault (core dumped)

Gasp!  The SQL statement works fine inside of psql, and it seems
reasonable that Postgres would only return a curt "UPDATE" as it does in
psql.  I don't understand why DBI doesn't like this.  Do you?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Hardie            chris@summersault.com
      http://www.summersault.com/chris