Postgres CGI Security Problem

От Chris Hardie
Тема Postgres CGI Security Problem
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Postgres CGI Security Problem  ("oxygen" <oxygen@dnc.net>)
Список pgsql-general
The situation: I have one machine with general user access.  Some users
(including myself) own a postgres database.  Some users (including myself)
use postgres as a back-end for CGI applications, using the Postgres.pm
module for Perl. This requires that user "nobody" (or www, or whomever)
have read/write access to my database.

The problem: While it's very handy that I can write CGI scripts that can
read/write my database, it's a security problem.  Other users` CGI scripts
will also make use of the "nobody" identity to access the database, which
means they can potentially read/write the data in my database if they
wanted to.

The fix: You tell me.  It would seem to involve a "setuid" of sorts for
how the httpd process accesses the postgres database.

Any help much appreciated!
Chris

Chris Hardie            chris@summersault.com
      http://www.summersault.com/chris