Re: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] groups of users

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] groups of users
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 6 May 1998, Andreas Zeugswetter wrote:

> Just tried this out, and we have a bug here:
>
> simply not implemented, not a bug.

    Then should generate a NOTICE to that effect...right now, its
misleading unless you go and do a select on pg_group to find that it
wasn't actually performed...

    As it stands now, it is a bug...

> template1=> create user tester in group pg_user;
> CREATE USER
>
> so "pg_user" is supposed to be a new group name (not a good name)

    Sorry, just picked the first thing that came into my head :)

> The group "pg_user" must already exist. But since the "in group" clause
> is currently ignored, no error shows up.

    Why?  if group doesn't exist do:

insert into pg_group values ('groname',max(grosysid)+1,'{values}');

> template1=> select * from pg_user;
> usename|usesysid|usecreatedb|usetrace|usesuper|usecatupd|passwd  |valuntil
> -------+--------+-----------+--------+--------+---------+--------+----------------------------
> pgsql  |    1005|t          |t       |t       |t        |********|Sat Jan 31 02:00:00 2037 AST
> scrappy|      10|t          |t       |t       |t        |********|
> tester |    1006|f          |t       |f       |t        |********|
> (3 rows)
>
> template1=> insert into pg_group values ('test',0,'{scrappy}');
> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "scrappy": can't parse "scrappy"
> template1=> insert into pg_group values ('test',0,'{10}');
> INSERT 18497 1
>
> you created a group "test" with one user ("scrappy") as it's only member.
> This is currently the only way to do it.

    Unfortunately, the above test was done at home, but here it is
again:

template1=> select * from pg_group;
groname|grosysid|grolist
-------+--------+----------------
pgsql  |       0|{10,1044,65534}
banner |       1|{10,65534}
acctng |       2|{0,99,10}
survey |       3|{10,65534,0,206}
(4 rows)

template1=> create user someone in group agroup;
CREATE USER
template1=> select * from pg_group;
groname|grosysid|grolist
-------+--------+----------------
pgsql  |       0|{10,1044,65534}
banner |       1|{10,65534}
acctng |       2|{0,99,10}
survey |       3|{10,65534,0,206}
(4 rows)

template1=> create user some in group agroup;
ERROR:  defineUser: user "some" has already been created
template1=>

    There is no group 'some'...it almost looks like its doing a '~*'
match:

template1=> select usename from pg_user;
usename
--------
scrappy
neil