Re: [HACKERS] CVSup

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CVSup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 1 May 1998, Maurice Gittens wrote:

> [...]

    If you pull down the repository using CVSup into
/usr/local/cvsroot, for example, and set your CVSROOT environment variable
to point to that, you access the same thing that everyone with commit
privileges has access to, except you don't have commit privileges...

    In one sense, this is better...you don't have to deal with the lag
of connecting to the remove CVS server every time you want to look at a
log or a diff...the only time you have to "re-sync" with the remote server
is when you want to pull down any recent changes, which, if you follow the
committers mailing list, you do when you notice a rash of changes...

    A dialup PPP user is better served by pulling own theh  whole CVS
repositiry and then being able to disconnect/work then using CVS directly
where you need to be connected to do anything...