Re: [HACKERS] pg_dumpall

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > I've dumped a 6.1 database using the pg_dumpall from 6.3 to load into
> > 6.3.
> >
> > The format of the data to be copied into pg_user is wrong - there are
> > not enough columns. I guess this may be a problem from having skipped
> > out 6.2, but it would be nice if it worked properly :-)
> >
> > Also one of the column names I had used in my old database is no longer
> > allowed ('local'). Again, it would be nice if pg_dumpall could spot
> > no-longer allowed column names and warn the user rather than having
> > psql crash when one tries to import the data and then having to trace
> > back to where the problem was...
>
> Yikes, we never changed pg_user to pg_shadow in pg_dumpall.  Isn't that
> the real problem.  Need to have that patched, or people will not be able
> to upgrade.  Applying patch now.
>
> Do I put this patch in the patches directory?

    Yes...Neil, can you put a "patches page" up on the WWW site,
linked to the main page, that lists the patches as well as a short
description of what each one does?

    Bruce, can you get me a patch for this?  I'm going to review the
patches that I do have now, and the ones that look perfectly safe (ie. I
have no doubt about), will get included on the CD rom also...not as part
of the source, just as a seperate file to be used...