Re: [HACKERS] postmaster crash and .s.pgsql file

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster crash and .s.pgsql file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29 Jan 1998, Goran Thyni wrote:

>    > I would opt for /var/run to store the pid files and have the name set to
>
>        That would assume that postmaster runs as root, which is not
>    allowed...has to be in /tmp somewhere
>
> Maybe both should be under /usr/local/pgsql
> somewhere, so they will not be removed by any
> '/tmp'-clean-up-scripts.

    I don't agree with this either.../tmp is world
readable/writable...what happens if 'joe blow user' decides for whatever
reason to initdb a database in his personal directory space and run a
postmaster process of his own?  (S)he'd be running the same system binary,
just under her own userid...

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postmaster crash and .s.pgsql file
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postmaster crash and .s.pgsql file