Re: [INTERFACES] C++/C interface functions to find tables in a database???

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] C++/C interface functions to find tables in a database???
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 SN14@chrysler.com wrote:

> I need C/C++ interface functions to find  all tables in a database and all the
> fields in a table.

Check out 'man libpq' for the PQfname() function...you'll want to do a
'SELECT * from <table> WHERE oid = 0'; which will return zero results, but
will give you the fields to grab using PQfname()

Can't help with the tables though...you'll want to look at 'man catalogs'

Another good place to look is psql.c, which has the various 'SELECT'
statements used in psql for calling up tables and whatnot