Re: [HACKERS] CBAC (content based access control), OIDs, auto fields

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CBAC (content based access control), OIDs, auto fields
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, De Clarke wrote:

> Am I alone in thinking this would be incredibly cool and
> worth some effort?  I would love to see PG be demonstrably
> BETTER than the commercial competition in several specific
> areas (then maybe I could get approval to use it for
> production work) and this looks like a good opportunity.

    Look forward to seeing the patches? :)

    I think the concepts are cool (uid, recno, timestamp) for having
this directly in the tables, and the concept of being able to have record
based restrictions on a table doubly so.

    An example of the usefulness of this is the radiusd accounting
package I've been working on.  Be nice to be able to let the salesman have
direct select access to the login records for *their* clients, and then
have full access to the personal information records to actually make
changes...without them having access to another clients records...