Re: tsearch Parser Hacking

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: tsearch Parser Hacking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 11:37 PM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
>> it's not easy to hack tsearch parser, sorry. You can preparse your input
>> before to_tsquery,to_tsvector.
>
> Yeah, I was thinking about s{/}{-}g before passing the values in. Might be the only way to do it for now?

actually, it's not so difficult to *hack* parser to treat '/' as '-'.
I thought about overriding some default parser behaviour, but didn't come
to any useful solution.
btw, some users already wrote their own parsers and even I have little
tutorial:
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/HOWTO-parser-tsearch2.html
I wonder if it's worth to add it to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/test-parser.html

Probably, good paper/presentation along with improving code docs would be
enough for now, until someone got very bright idea about parser and
time to implement it.
    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83