Re: hstores in pl/python

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: hstores in pl/python
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 12/14/2010 12:06 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> I haven't actually figured out what the benefit would be, other than
>>> buzzword compliance and a chance to invent some random nonstandard
>>> syntax.  If the element values all have to be the same type, you've
>>> basically got hstore.
>> Not exactly, because in hstore all the element values have to be,
>> specifically, text.  Having hstores of other kinds of objects would,
>> presumably, be useful.
>>

> I love hstore, and I've used it a lot, but I don't think there's much future
> in doing this. This is part of what JSON would buy us, isn't it?

Just wondering about JSON, are there anyone who signed already to work on JSON
or it's just a theoretical discussions ? If so, I agree, having JSON
properly implemented and simple wrapper for hstore just for compatibility, would
be very nice.

> cheers
>
> andrew

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83