Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Very bad FTS performance with the Polish config
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Wojciech Knapik wrote:

> Yes, for 4-word texts the results are similar.
> Try that with a longer text and the difference becomes more and more
> significant. For the lorem ipsum text, 'polish' is about 4 times slower, than
> 'english'. For 5 repetitions of the text, it's 6 times, for 10 repetitions -
> 7.5 times...

Again, I see nothing unclear here, since dictionaries (as specified
in configuration) apply to ALL words in document. The more words in
document, the more overhead.

You can pass not all document to ts_headline, but just part, to have
predicted performance. This is useful in any case.

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83