Re: Searching a gin index

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Searching a gin index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
James,

you provide us a little useful information. If you really want help
you need to provide all information about your setup, sample queries and
explain analyze, test data illustrated your problem.

I, personally, usually prefer to have copy-pasteable information.
I think we all are quite busy, so don't expect to get help if you can't
give yours attention.

For example, this post would be reduced to the simple test query

test=# select version();
                                 version
  PostgreSQL 8.3.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.2.3
(1 row)

test=# select strip(to_tsvector('english', 'cars and vehicles')) @@
        plainto_tsquery('english', 'cars');
  ?column?
----------

If not, you have problem.

Oleg
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, James Dooley wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have set my configuration as default and I have created a GIN index on
> three columns, like this
>
> create index textsearch_index on products using gin(strip( to_tsvector(
> 'my_config', title || '' || description || '' || name)))
>
> Searching these columns the way I have
>
> ... AND (title || '' || description || '' || name) @@ plainto_tsquery('car')
>
> seems not to be correct since it's taking as much time as non-indexed. Also
> changing the word car to cars returns nothing even though
>
> select * from plainto_tsquery('cars')
>
> returns 'car'
>
> Could you please point me in the right direction ?
>
> James

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83