Re: Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work..

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Mohamed wrote:

> Hi!
> I have just made the switch from MySql to PostgreSql to be able to take
> advantage of TSearch2 and I just arrived to the mailing list :) I am
> creating a website in two languages (english, arabic) and would like to have
> dictionaries for both for my search. I noticed that arabic wasn't in as
> default. How can I add it / make it work ?

read documentation
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch.html
What dictionaries you have for arabic ?

> I am currently saving the english and arabic text in the same relation. So I
> guess I could create two indexes over the two dictionaries or should I split
> them ?

if arabic and english characters are not overlaped, you can use one index.
For example, for english/russian text we have one index

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83