Re: Database size Vs performance degradation

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Database size Vs performance degradation
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Andrzej Zawadzki wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong but if this "bulk insert and delete" process is cyclical then
> You don't need vacuum full.
> Released tuples will fill up again with fresh data next day - after regular
> vacuum.

Yes, a regular manual vacuum will prevent the table from growing more than
it needs to. However, a vacuum full is required to actually reduce the
size of the table from 7.5G to 2.7G if that hasn't been done on the
production system already.

Matthew

--
It's one of those irregular verbs - "I have an independent mind," "You are
an eccentric," "He is round the twist."