Re: backend pid changing

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: backend pid changing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Lewis Kapell wrote:
> The client sends its authorization information immediately before
> sending the data, and also with the data chunk.

Well, I have no idea why the backend pid is changing, but here it looks
like you have a classic concurrency problem caused by checking a variable
twice. It seems you have client-side error recovery on the initial check,
but not on the second check. The solution is to eliminate the first check,
and implement proper error recovery on the second check, so that the
client can just get a new hash and try again.

Matthew

--
It's one of those irregular verbs - "I have an independent mind," "You are
an eccentric," "He is round the twist."