Re: Benchmark Data requested --- pgloader CE design ideas

От Matthew
Тема Re: Benchmark Data requested --- pgloader CE design ideas
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Greg Smith wrote:
> The problem I was pointing out is that if chunk#2 moved foward a few bytes
> before it started reading in search of a newline, how will chunk#1 know that
> it's supposed to read up to that further point?  You have to stop #1 from
> reading further when it catches up with where #2 started.  Since the start of
> #2 is fuzzy until some reading is done, what you're describing will need #2
> to send some feedback to #1 after they've both started, and that sounds bad
> to me.

It doesn't have to be fuzzy at all. Both threads will presumably be able
to use the same algorithm to work out where the boundary is, therefore
they'll get the same result. No need to pass back information.

Matthew

--
There is something in the lecture course which may not have been visible so
far, which is reality                   -- Computer Science Lecturer

Сообщение: Re: Benchmark Data requested --- pgloader CE design ideas
Сообщение: Re: Benchmark Data requested --- pgloader CE design ideas