Re: Use of "token" vs "lexeme" in text search documentation

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Use of "token" vs "lexeme" in text search documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> The current documentation seems a bit inconsistent in its use of the
> terms "token" and "lexeme".  The majority of the text seems to use
> "lexeme" exclusively, which is inconsistent with the fact that the
> term "token" is exposed by ts_token_type() and friends.  But there
> are a few places that seem to use "lexeme" to mean something returned
> by a dictionary.
>
> I was considering trying to adopt these conventions:
>
> * What a parser returns is a "token".
>
> * When a dictionary recognizes a token, what it returns is a "lexeme".
>
> This would make the phrase "normalized lexeme" redundant, since we
> don't call it a lexeme at all unless it's been normalized.
>
> Comments?

Hmm, you say what I always thought. I'd be happy if you stress this in
docs.

>             regards, tom lane

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: correct reference external-projects.sgml
Сообщение: Re: correct reference external-projects.sgml