Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong

От Sergey E. Koposov
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This could be a compiler bug, or it could be our fault --- might need
> a "volatile" on some pointer or other, for example, to prevent the
> compiler from making an otherwise legitimate assumption.  So it seems
> worth chasing it down.

Tom, Thank you for the directions, I'll try to do what you recommended.

> BTW, does ICC have any switch corresponding to gcc's -fno-strict-aliasing?
> I see that configure tries to feed that switch to it, but it might
> want some other spelling.

Apparently in none of the ICC manuals -fno-strict-aliasing is described,
but ICC accepts such flag, and produce the same code as with
'-fno-alias' flag (described in ICC manuals).

regards,    Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Cambridge Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: math@sai.msu.ru