Re: Frustrating issue with PGXS

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Frustrating issue with PGXS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It might be worth backpatching the Makefile.global.in patch (ie, the
> ifndef addition) to the 8.2 branch, which would allow us to say "8.2.5
> or later" instead of "8.3 or later", and would bring correspondingly
> nearer the time when people can actually use the feature without
> thinking much.  Comments?

My 2 euro cents (about $0.027) conservative comments on the subject:
 - It is more work for a minor issue. I would just update the doc for   previous releases. - New features belong to new
releases,on principles. It is not really a   bug which would require an update of previous releases, and changing the
PATHis a valid workaround anyway. - Do it your way:-)

--
Fabien.