Re: Postgres Printed Manuals

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Postgres Printed Manuals
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 14 May 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> How much would it be to email the PDF manual to someone like Kinkos and
> get it printed?  Effectively, that might be the cheepest solution because
> it is print-on-demand.

>> What I would suggest is, rather than hoping somebody has the bankroll for
>> one LARGE document, somebody might take a close look at a PostgreSQL
>> Documentation Project to break down those 1600 pages into three or four
>> "manuals" that would be more reasonable to print one at a time.

   Not only is Kinkos (or their competition) in business to do this type of
work, but you could have printed only the chapters you needed.

   The docs used to be separate: Language, Programming, Administration;
perhaps others that I've forgotten. Same number of pages, more binders. :-)

   I'm a great fan of dead-tree editions of books: I can read them in bed, on
a plane, while waiting for an appointment, etc. Sometimes I just print the
page or two that I need right then. OTOH, the digital form is a lot lighter
to carry on trips; it fits comfortably within my notebook computer.

Rich