Re: Problem with "create database ... with template "

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Problem with "create database ... with template "
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 9 May 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> I'm investigating a problem my client experienced with
>> "create database xxx with template=yyy" - they often get error
>> "ERROR:  source database "yyy" is being accessed by other users",
>
> Your test case simply shows that it takes a finite amount of time for
> the previous backend to exit; depending on scheduler priorities it's
> possible for the next instance to connect and try to CREATE DATABASE
> before the previous one is gone.  My suggestion would be to connect
> to some other database besides the one being copied.

I tried that connecting to template1, but it doesn't helped. The problem
occurs even if I repeat 'drop;create' in one connection (the same backend).

connect
while true do drop database create database with template
end
disconnect

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83