Re: [GENERAL] Fw: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

От: Gerhard Wiesinger
Тема: Re: [GENERAL] Fw: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Fw: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning  (Shohab Abdullah, )
 Re: Fw: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: [GENERAL] Fw: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: [GENERAL] Fw: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning  (Gerhard Wiesinger, )

Hello!

I would do the following (in that order):
1.) Check for a performant application logic and application design (e.g.
degree of granularity of the Java Hibernate Mapping, are there some
object iterators with hundreds of objects, etc.)
2.) Check the hibernate generated queries and whether the query is
suitable or not. Also do a "explain query" do see the query plan.

Sometimes a manually generated is much more efficient than hibernate ones.

3.) Optimize the database e.g. postgresql.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
http://www.wiesinger.com/