Re: Array indexes, GIN?

От: Oleg Bartunov
Тема: Re: Array indexes, GIN?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Array indexes, GIN?  (Adam L Beberg, )
 Re: Array indexes, GIN?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Array indexes, GIN?  (Oleg Bartunov, )
   Re: Array indexes, GIN?  (Adam L Beberg, )
 Re: Array indexes, GIN?  (Jeff Davis, )

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Adam,
>
>> On the surface, looks like a job for GIN, but GIN seems undocumented,
>> specifically mentions it doesn't support the deletes we'll have many of
>> since it's designed for word searching apparently, the performance
>> implications are undocumented. I searched, I read, and even IRC'd, and
>> it seems like GIN is just not used much.
>
> It's new (as of 8.2).  And the authors, Oleg and Teodor, are notorious for
> skimpy documetentation.

We're getting better, we have 72 pages written about new FTS :)

> I'd start with the code in INTARRAY contrib module (also by Teodor) and bug
> them on pgsql-hackers about helping you implement a GIN index for arrays.

GIN already has support for one dimensional arrays and intarray, particularly,
too has support of GiN.

     Regards,
         Oleg
Internet: , http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83