Re: SOC & user quotas

От Sergey E. Koposov
Тема Re: SOC & user quotas
Дата
Re: SOC & user quotas  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> So it seems like we already have a solution to quotas at the database
> level.

I still  don't understand how FS quotas can help with DB quotas. ..
All the FS quotas are setup for limiting  the space for specific user and
specific mount point. AFAIK They do not allow to limit the space in one
directory. And since all the PG tablespaces will be owned by postgres
user, I dont think the FS quotas can do the job.

regards,    Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Cambridge Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: math@sai.msu.ru