Re: replication choices

От Ben
Тема Re: replication choices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, it sounds like your situation is more difficult than mine, in that
it looks like you might have to deal with the possibility of conflicting
changes. Fortuantely, I don't have that issue, because even though I have
data flowing both ways between my "master" and my sites, it only flows one
way for any given table.

But unlike you (?) I have the additional problem that some data changes at
the central site need to be replicated to multiple sites.

After looking into it more, it appears that Slony log shipping just may
work for me.... if only it weren't for the problem that to ship logs from
the remote sites back to the central site, each remote site needs to have
a normal slony node first, which I don't have the hardware for.

Short of conflict resolution, I don't see any big problems with your
scheme.