Re: Cannot Restart PostgreSQL-8.1.4

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Cannot Restart PostgreSQL-8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Somehow DBD::Pg picked up the wrong (older) version of libpq.so; you need
> to look into why.  Wrong search path while building maybe?

Tom,

   I _thought_ that might be what happened, but I wanted to make sure before
I dug myself into a hole.

   You are absolutely correct. I'll bet it looked first at /usr/local/lib and
found the really old versions of libpq.so. I had cleaned those out, but
after making and installing Pg.so.

   I looked through the DBD::Pg source files and the paths looked OK to my
naive eyes. So I just re-ran the 'perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, and
make install' series. All tests passed, and SQL-Ledger now comes up. Whew!!

   I'll bet those old libraries were left over from Red Hat 7.3; it was in
September of 2003 that I migrated to Slackware.

   You have my sincere thanks for clearing up a mess that occupied me since
yesterday afternoon.

Rich