Re: Postgres Replication

От Ben
Тема Re: Postgres Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Look into heartbeat:

http://www.linux-ha.org/HeartbeatProgram

The idea is that you have a virtual address to be "the database", and that
the primary server configures itself for this address as well as whatever
address it would normally have. Then, when you want to switch servers
(maybe because the primary has died, or because you want to do some
maintenance to keep it from dying) the second server takes over the
database address with a bunch of ARP packets. Your application sees its
postgres connections have died and so gracefully (right?) tries to
reconnect, and as long as the primary server is no longer trying to regain
control of that virtual address (which it usually isn't, because either
you've configured it not to or because it's dead) then everything proceeds
just fine on the backup server.