Re: opportunity to benchmark a quad core Xeon

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: opportunity to benchmark a quad core Xeon
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:

> On 16-12-2006 4:24 Jeff Frost wrote:
>> We can add more RAM and drives for testing purposes.  Can someone suggest
>> what benchmarks with what settings would be desirable to see how this
>> system performs.  I don't believe I've seen any postgres benchmarks done on
>> a quad xeon yet.
>
> We've done our "standard" benchmark on a dual X5355:
> http://tweakers.net/reviews/661
>
> Verdict is that for a price/performance-ratio you're better off with a 5160,
> but in absolute performance it does win.

Arjen,

Have you guys run your benchmark on a quad opteron board yet?  I'm curious how
the dual quad core Intels compare to quad dual core opteron.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/