Re: big transaction slows down over time - but disk seems

От Ben
Тема Re: big transaction slows down over time - but disk seems
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Richard Huxton wrote:

> 1. Avoid updating the same timestamp more than once (if that's happening)

Each row is updated at most once, and not all rows are updated.

> 2. Update timestamps in one go at the end of the transaction (perhaps by

Hey, that's not a bad idea. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

> 3. Split the transaction in smaller chunks of activity.

I'd be happy to do this too, except that I need a simple way to rollback
everything, and I don't see how I can get that with this.

Сообщение: Re: big transaction slows down over time - but disk seems almost unused
Сообщение: Re: big transaction slows down over time - but disk seems