Re: BUG #2685: Wrong charset of server messages on client

От Sergiy Vyshnevetskiy
Тема Re: BUG #2685: Wrong charset of server messages on client
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Sergiy Vyshnevetskiy wrote:

>>  You're missing my point, which is that non-ICU locale support doesn't
>>  necessarily recognize the same encoding names.  We would have done this
>>  years ago if we had a solution to that problem.
>
> We should use IANA-standard names. If it fails - it does nothing.
> Anybody porting PostgreSQL to new platform can go over the list and make a
> patch for their port.

Here is a new and improved patch, that closes security hole as well. To
prevent DOS attack we lock LC_MESSAGES as C for any database encoding that
we are unable to bind to our textdomain.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2685: Wrong charset of server messages on client
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2685: Wrong charset of server messages on client