Re: HardDisk space

От gonzales@linuxlouis.net
Тема Re: HardDisk space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You should use varchar(20), which will not consume as much space as
char(20) IF the values inserted don't, themselves take the full 20
positions.  In varchar, there will be no padding, thus saving on your disk
space.

For your question in particular, that depends on the block size of how PG
allocates space on tables.

--
Louis Gonzales
louis.gonzales@linuxlouis.net