Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 21 May 2006, Jeff Frost wrote:

>> So the chances of the original problem being archiver related are
>> receding...
>
> This is possible, but I guess I should try and reproduce the actual problem
> with the same archive_command script and a CIFS mount just to see what
> happens.  Perhaps the real root of the problem is elsewhere, it just seems
> strange since the archive_command is the only postgres related process that
> accesses the CIFS share.  More later.

I tried both pulling the plug on the CIFS server and unsharing the CIFS share,
but pgbench continued completely unconcerned.  I guess the failure mode of the
NAS device in the customer colo must be something different that I don't yet
know how to simulate.  I suspect I'll have to wait till it happens again and
try to gather some more data before restarting the NAS device.  Thanks for all
your suggestions guys!

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/