Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> No, I am not:
>
>     $ touch x1 x2; touch x2
>     $ sleep 2; ls -lt
>     total 0
>     -rw-r--r--  1 root  postgres  0 Apr 15 14:04 x1
>     -rw-r--r--  1 root  postgres  0 Apr 15 14:04 x2
>
> If the write to x2 happens in the first second, but no later writes
> happen, you still see x1 as first, even though x2 is the new one and
> might have WAL data in it.  The point is that the test does not have a
> one-second window of showing the wrong answer, meaning I could wait for
> 60 seconds, and still see the wrong WAL file at the top.

Bruce, what does

stat x1 x2

look like on your system?  Which OS?  Maybe we need caveats for various OSes?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Сообщение: Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file
Сообщение: Re: Proposed doc-patch: Identifying the Current WAL file